Weekly on Mondays
Studio in the Park
The main facility for the Art Guild of Louisiana is the Studio in the Park. This BREC building is located in Cedarcrest Park in Baton Rouge.More Info
Leah Schwartzman, email@example.com or 225-205-0522
Have you ever watched a caricature being drawn and thought “I’d love to be able do that”? Caricature drawings make great gifts!! Surprise friends and family with a personal caricature drawn by YOU!
Join Steve Shamburger as he leads you through the basics of caricature drawing. You will learn the structure of the “average” face and how to select which features to exaggerate. We’ll explore the variety of facial features that make us unique individuals as we practice capturing the likeness of our subjects by exaggerating those features in simple, linear drawings.
Steve is a career freelance designer/illustrator providing services to local businesses when he lived in Houston and Overland Park, Kansas where he began acquiring national clients such as Movieline and Sports Illustrated Kids magazines. Currently a resident of Baton Rouge, Steve leads life drawing sessions on Wednesday evenings at the Guild’s Studio in the Park and is a local for hire artist/caricaturist/instructor. Visit Steve’s website The Art of Steve Shamburger.
- Drawing pencils (suggested #s 2B & 4B)
- Kneaded rubber eraser or white plastic artist eraser
- 9″ x 12″ or 11″ x 14″ sketch pad (preferably spiral bound)
- Drawing board to support sketch pad (11″ x 14″ or larger)
- Medium to large binder clips or art clips (to secure pad to board)
- Black art markers, preferably bullet, chisel, or brush tip (Steve uses Faber-Castell Pitt artist pens- Brush tip)