[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.48″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text – title – C4E Judged” _builder_version=”3.0.105″]
Judged Show Call for Entry
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text- C4E Judged Show” _builder_version=”3.19.2″ global_module=”3374″ saved_tabs=”all”]
- Open to all artists, members and non-members, at least 18 years of age. All original 2 dimensional media is eligible except photography, prints, giclées, and computer generated/enhanced artwork. We encourage all media including oil, acrylic, watercolor, fluid ink, graphite, colored pencil, pen & ink, original lithograph, mixed media, pastel, gouache, encaustic, etc.
- The Entry Fee is $10 per painting for AGL members / $20 per entry for nonmembers. Maximum of five paintings.
- Prizes Awarded – 1st: $175; 2nd: $150 and 3rd: $75, each place winner will receive cash and a ribbon. Two Honorable mentions will each receive a ribbon.
- Take-in / Pick-up – This is a non-juried exhibit. Interested artists should bring artwork that meets the entry requirements to the Independence Park Theatre Gallery, 7800 Independence Park Blvd, Baton Rouge on Thursday from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm. Artwork must be picked up between 11:00 am – 1:00 pm on the last day of the exhibit. A $25 transport/storage fee will be assessed to artists whose work is not picked up timely. Artist pickup slips are distributed at each exhibit and it is the responsibility of the artist to keep track of the pickup date; no further notice will be sent out.
- Receptions are always held on a Sunday between 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm. All receptions are open to the public; please invite your friends and family. Exhibiting artists are encouraged to bring a finger food for the snack table.
- The same painting can only be shown once in a judged show, once in a member show, and once in a River Road Show for a total of 3 times.
- Works sold are subject to a 20% BREC commission fee. Adjust your prices accordingly.
- Neither BREC, nor the Guild, is liable for damage, loss or theft.
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.48″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text – title – exhibit req” module_id=”exhibit-requirements” _builder_version=”3.19.2″]
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_tabs admin_label=”Tabs – Rules” _builder_version=”3.19.2″ global_module=”3345″ saved_tabs=”all”][et_pb_tab title=”Installation Requirements” _builder_version=”3.19.2″ tab_font=”||||” body_font=”||||”]
- All shows require original work (see Originality Requirements) which is not based on published photographs, or done as class work or in workshops. Copies of other artists’ work are not eligible to exhibit (unless specified in a special exhibit).
- Artwork must have been created within two years of the exhibit.
- Artwork must be identified on the back with title, medium, price (or value if Not For Sale), artist’s name and phone number.
- Artwork must be framed, unless using a gallery-wrap canvas – i.e. no tacks, staples, etc. visible on the sides. Sides of an unframed gallery-wrap canvas must be painted and must be a minimum 1½ inches deep.
- Frames should be plain/non-ornate (no significant carving, decorative painting, decorative color or other embellishments) – black, white, gold, silver, wood, etc. are acceptable frame finishes.
- Maximum frame width is 3 inches, including liner and/or fillet.
- Maximum size, including the frame, is 48 inches in either direction.
- Mats should be white, off white, or a light-colored neutral tone. A thin, colored liner mat (1/4”) is acceptable.
- The installation method requires a screw eye/D-ring and wire setup. Screw eyes/D-rings are to be placed one third down from the top corners of the frame. The wire, when held at the center, should reach 2 inches from the top of the painting.
- Paintings can be for sale, but do not have to be.
- Metal frames with clips and wire are suitable, IF, clips are firmly seated (no slippage) and at the required distance from the top corners.
- Plexiglas is required on artwork larger than 18″x24″. Glass, plexiglas and frame should be clean, free from damage and properly sized, fitted for its frame and firmly seated.
- Paintings must be thoroughly dry … No wet paint.
- All works are required to remain on display until the end of the show.
- Only members of the Installation Committee and the Gallery Coordinator are authorized to hang, move, or remove paintings.
- Subject matter deemed inappropriate for all ages (i.e. nudity or violence) will not be accepted.
- The Exhibits Chair, the AGL President, or their designated representative has the final say on what will hang in all exhibits. They have the right to reject any piece, at their discretion, if artwork does not meet all AGL installation and originality requirements.
[/et_pb_tab][et_pb_tab title=”Originality Requirements” _builder_version=”3.0.105″ tab_font=”||||” body_font=”||||”]
It is a basic and long-standing goal of the Art Guild of Louisiana that only original artwork be displayed in the Guild Exhibits. To help define the term “original artwork”, the following guidelines have been adopted by the Board of Directors.
- The work must be an original composition in both execution and design.
- The work may not be a reproduction of an original from any medium even if it is a limited edition signed by the artist and registered. Prints or Giclées are not permitted. For printed works to be considered original, the work must be a graphic work for which the artist himself etched or engraved the original plate, cut the block or worked on the stone or screen.
- A work may not be a direct copy of a published or unpublished composition, i.e. postcards, photographs in books or other publications, other photographs not taken by (or expressively for) the artist, or the work of other artists. Photographs taken by the artist but processed by commercial photo labs will be accepted as original sources. Collages or mixed media work may employ photographs in an original composition by the artist.
- Work done as a result of, but not during, a workshop or performed in response to a “take-home” assignment may be considered original, provided the artist has interpreted the subject matter in his or her individual way and rendered the work without direct assistance from another artist or instructor. Originality is usually not compromised by an artist’s attempt to respond to minor critiques and suggestions offered by fellow artists or instructors.
- Here is an excellent article by Sean Wes discussing originality: How to Be Inspired Without Copying
[/et_pb_tab][/et_pb_tabs][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.48″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”1_2″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text disabled_on=”off|off|off” admin_label=”Text – dates” _builder_version=”3.19.2″]
Spring Judged Show 2021
May 13 – July 8, 2021
Take-in: May 13, 2021, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Reception: June 6, 2021, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Pick-up: July 8, 2021, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_2″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text disabled_on=”off|off|off” admin_label=”Text – IPT” _builder_version=”3.19.2″ global_module=”3362″ saved_tabs=”all”]
7800 Independence Park Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
Tuesday – Friday, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Gallery is free and open to the public