A National Juried Exhibition
September 4 – September 27, 2018
The River Road Show, sponsored by the Art Guild of Louisiana, is currently celebrating its 49th year. It is an annual national juried exhibition. The primary purpose of this exhibition is to showcase artists’ work from across the country.
- June 13
- Postmarked Entry DEADLINE
- July 14
- Accepted entries posted
- August 15
- Shipped artwork delivery DEADLINE
- August 30
10 am – 1 pm
- Hand-delivered artwork received
- September 4
- Exhibition opens
- September 20
5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Reception and Awards Presentation
- September 27
- Exhibition ends
- September 28
10 am – 1 pm
- Pick up hand-delivered artwork
- September 28
- Shipped artwork returned
Juror of Selection & Awards – Iain Stewart, AWS, NWS
The Art Guild of Louisiana is privileged to welcome Iain Stewart, internationally acclaimed watercolor artist and highly sought-after juror and workshop instructor. Iain began his art career as an Architectural Illustrator in 1996 and he maintains a clientele with some of the top firms in the world. He is also an adjunct professor at Auburn University where he teaches architecture illustration in watercolor. Iain is a signature member of the National Watercolor Society and the American Watercolor Society. He has won numerous national and international awards for his works including 3rd Place International Watercolor Society 1st Annual Exhibition- Izmir, Turkey for “Down to the Quarter” and inclusion in the Shanghai Zhujiajiao Watercolor Biennial at the Quanhua Watercolor Art Gallery Shanghai, China for “5th Avenue in Rain”. He has been a US delegate in the Fabriano inAquarello International Convention of Watercolor Artists for the last 4 years. Iain has been featured in Plein Air Magazine, Watercolor Artist Magazine, Pratique des Arts- Spécial Aquarelle International and North Light’s Splash editions 15, 16 and 18. Iain maintains a studio in Opelika, Alabama but travels throughout the United States and Europe conducting watercolor workshops.
To view Iain’s work, visit his website at iainstew.fineartstudioonline.com.
RULES OF ENTRY
Entry Deadline – June 13, 2018 (postmarked)
- This competition is open to all United States artists 18 years or older. Submitted artwork must be created within the last two years and not previously exhibited in the River Road Show. Submitted artwork must be original in design and execution. Work may not be created in a workshop or under supervision. Photography, digitally created or enhanced works, giclées, reproductions and nudity are not acceptable. Art must be suitable for viewing by persons of all ages. Work deemed inappropriate for public viewing will not be accepted.
- Entry Fee (non-refundable)
- A non-refundable entry fee of $40 will be charged for up to three entries and $5 for each additional entry up to ten.
AGL members are entitled to a non-refundable entry fee of $40 for the first four entries and $5 for each additional entry up to ten.
- First Place $1200
- Second Place $800
- Third Place $600
Additional Merit, Honorable Mention, Merchandise Awards
Total awards valued at $4,000
- Exhibited artwork must be labeled with the selling price or NFS designation. No commission is charged on sales. Works sold will be available for pickup at the end of the exhibition.
- Size & Framing
- The maximum framed size of artwork is 48″ x 48″. The minimum image size is 8″ x 10″. All works must be framed unless painted on minimum 1½ inch gallery-wrapped canvas. The sides of gallery-wrapped canvases must be painted. Works with a protective layer must use Plexiglas. No glass allowed. Screw eyes/D-rings and wire are required and should be properly attached to all artwork. Mats should be white or a light neutral tint. No liners or fillets allowed. Frames must be simple, plain, non-ornate and no wider than 3″. The artist’s name and title of work should be clearly identified on the back of each painting. Noncompliance with any of the above will void entry and the work will be returned.
- Delivery of Accepted Artwork
- Shipping charges (both directions) are to be paid by the artist. Artwork must be shipped in a sturdy, reusable carton. Accepted works should arrive between August 1 and August 15. A non-refundable handling fee of $35 is assessed on each shipped carton. More detailed instructions will be sent to the accepted artists. Hand delivered works will be received only on Thursday, August 30, 10am – 1pm, at the Louisiana State Archives, 3851 Essen Lane, Baton Rouge, LA
- Return of Accepted Artwork
- Shipped work will be returned in the original container using the prepaid shipping label furnished by the artist. Hand delivered work should be picked up on Friday, September 28, 10am – 1pm.
- Each exhibiting artist will receive one free color catalog. Additional catalogs may be purchased for $10 each. Send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Artist’s Responsibility
- Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, withdraw the work once accepted, or remove it during the exhibition. The River Road Show Committee reserves the right to reject any work deemed inappropriate or not conforming to the stated exhibition guidelines. The artist gives AGL permission to photograph and/or reproduce the submission(s) for exhibition promotional purposes. By submitting a painting to this exhibition, the artist accepts all conditions as set forth by AGL or faces possible disqualification and future non-eligibility.
- Although the utmost care will be taken in handling artwork, the Art Guild of Louisiana or any of its members, the Louisiana State Archives or its employees will not be liable for loss or damage to any work of art submitted to this exhibition. Insurance, if desired for shipping, exhibition or any other reason, is the responsibility of the individual artist.
- Claudia LeJeune at 225-292-2004 or email@example.com
Two Ways to Enter
- Submit entry form via website
- Upload images via website
- Pay fee via PayPal or Credit Card
- Receive email confirmation
The entry deadline has passed.
- Complete entry form and print out
- Email images to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail check and form
The entry deadline has passed.