A National Juried Exhibition
August 3 – September 24, 2020
- May 13
- Entry DEADLINE, midnight online or postmark
- June 16
- Accepted entries posted online
- July 3-17
- DEADLINE for receipt of shipped artwork
- August 1
- Hand-delivered artwork, 11 am – 1 pm
- August 3
- Exhibition opens
- August 22-24
- Soon Y Warren workshop
- September 17
- Reception / Awards Ceremony, 5 -7 pm
- September 24
- Exhibition closes
- September 25
- Pick-up of hand-delivered artwork, 11 am – 1 pm
Juror of Selection & Awards
Soon Y Warren, NWS, AWS
The Art Guild of Louisiana is privileged to welcome Soon Y Warren, NWS, AWS as the juror and judge of this year’s River Road Show. Soon Y. Warren is a full-time artist and teacher. She has an Associate degree in commercial art from Thomas Nelson Community College in Hampton, Virginia. Soon Y. is a signature member of; National Watercolor Society, American Watercolor Society, Transparent Watercolor Society of America, Southern Watercolor Artist, Texas Watercolor Society, Purple Sage Brush, Honor Society of Watercolor USA, Rocky Mountain Watermedia and Society of Watercolor Artists, and she has received many awards for her work.
Soon has authored two watercolor painting technique books; “Vibrant Flowers in Watercolor” and “Painting Vibrant Watercolor: Discover the Magic of Light, Color and Contrast”. She has also produced several instructional videos and has been featured in articles in Artist’s Magazine, Strokes of Genius, Watercolor Artist magazine, and several of the Splash book series.
Soon conducts workshops throughout the U.S. and Canada.
To view Soon’s work, visit her website at www.soonwarren.com.
RULES OF ENTRY
Entry Deadline – May 13, 2020
- This competition is open to all United States artists 18 years or older.
- Limited to 2 dimensional artwork (artwork with 3 dimensional objects adhered to the surface do not qualify), created within the last two years, and not previously exhibited in the River Road Show.
- Artwork must be original in design and execution.
- Work may not be created in a workshop or under supervision.
- Photography, digitally created or enhanced works, sculpture, giclées, reproductions and nudity are not acceptable. Art must be suitable for viewing by persons of all ages.
- Work deemed inappropriate for public viewing will not be accepted.
- Not sure if your work is eligible? Call or email us! Direct questions to Claudia LeJeune, 225-292-2004 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Size & Framing
- The maximum framed size of artwork is 48″ x 48″.
- The minimum unframed size is 8″ x 10″.
- All works must be framed unless painted on minimum 1½ inch gallery-wrapped canvas. The sides of unframed gallery-wrapped canvases must be painted.
- Works with a protective layer must use Plexiglas. No glass allowed.
- Works must arrive READY TO HANG – Screw eyes/D-rings and wire are required and should be properly attached to all artwork. No saw-tooth hangers.
- Mats must be white or a light neutral tint. No liners or fillets allowed.
- Frames must be simple, plain, non-ornate and no wider than 3″.
- The artist’s name and title of work must be clearly identified on the back of the painting.
- Noncompliance with any of the above will void the entry and the work will be returned.
- Image Submission
- Images must be JPEG format with at least 1200 pixels on the longest side.
- Images must represent the painting exactly.
- JPEG’s must include image only … no mat, frame or surrounding background.
- Entry Fee (non-refundable)
- $40 for up to three entries and $5 for each additional entry up to ten.
- AGL members: $40 for the first four entries and $5 for each additional entry up to ten.
- Once entry is completed, no changes can be made to price, title, or dimensions.
- First Place $1200
Second Place $800
Third Place $600
- Additional Merit, Honorable Mention, and Merchandise Awards
- Total awards valued at $4,000+
- Exhibited artwork must be labeled with the selling price or NFS designation.
- No commission is charged on sales.
- Works sold will be available for pickup at the end of the exhibition.
- Delivery of Accepted Artwork
- Shipping charges, both directions, are to be paid by the artist in advance.
- Artwork must be shipped in a sturdy, reusable carton. Wood crates will not be accepted.
- Accepted works should arrive between July 3 and July 17.
- A non-refundable handling fee of $35 is assessed on each shipped carton.
- More detailed instructions will be sent to the accepted artists.
- Hand delivered works will be received only on Saturday, August 1, 11am – 1pm, at the Louisiana State Archives, 3851 Essen Lane, Baton Rouge, LA
- Return of Accepted Artwork
- Shipped work will be returned in the original container using the prepaid shipping label furnished by the artist.
- Hand-delivered work should be picked up only on Friday, September 25, 11am – 1pm.
- Each exhibiting artist will receive one free color catalog. Additional catalogs may be purchased for $10 each. Send requests to email@example.com.
- Artist’s Responsibility
- Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, withdraw the work once accepted, or remove it during the exhibition.
- Artists who do not deliver an artwork selected by the judge will be disqualified from participation for 2 years.
- The River Road Show Committee reserves the right to reject any work deemed inappropriate or not conforming to the stated exhibition requirements.
- The artist gives AGL permission to photograph and/or reproduce the submission(s) for exhibition promotional purposes.
- Although the utmost care will be taken in handling artwork, the Art Guild of Louisiana or any of its members, the Louisiana State Archives or its employees will not be liable for loss or damage to any work of art submitted to this exhibition. Insurance, if desired for shipping, exhibition or any other reason, is the responsibility of the individual artist.
- Notification of the juror’s selection will be emailed to entrants and posted on this website by June 16.
- Claudia LeJeune at 225-292-2004 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Two Ways to Enter
Entry deadline has passed. Notification will be sent via email and posted on this site on June 16.
- Submit entry form via website
- Upload images via website
- Pay fee via PayPal or credit/debit card
- Receive email confirmation
- Complete entry form and print out
- Email images to email@example.com
- Mail check and form