A National Juried Exhibition
August 3 – September 19, 2019
The River Road Show, sponsored by the Art Guild of Louisiana, is currently celebrating its 50th year. It is an annual national juried exhibition. The primary purpose of this exhibition is to showcase artists’ work from across the country.
- May 13
- Entry DEADLINE, midnight online or postmark
- June 16
- Accepted entries posted online
- July 3-17
- DEADLINE for receipt of shipped artwork
- August 1
- Hand-delivered artwork, 11 am – 1 pm
- August 3
- Exhibition opens
- August 16-19
- William A. Schneider workshop
- August 29
- Reception / Awards Ceremony, 5 -7 pm
- September 19
- Exhibition closes
- September 20
- Pick-up of hand-delivered artwork, 11 am – 1 pm
Juror of Selection & Awards
William A. Schneider, OPA, AISM
The Art Guild of Louisiana is privileged to welcome William A. Schneider, OPA, AISM as the juror and judge of this year’s River Road Show. Educated at the American Academy of Art, William also studied with such noted artists as Harley Brown, Scott Christensen, Dan Gerhartz, and Richard Schmid. He has been featured in articles in Workshop Magazine, American Artist, Southwest Art, Art of the West, International Artist, The Pastel Journal, and The Artists’ Magazines .He has won awards in national shows including those of: The Pastel Society of America, Salon International, OPA, and The Portrait Society of America. William shows in galleries in Napa Valley, Taos, Carmel, and Jackson Hole. The Pastel Society of America elected him “Master Pastelist” and the American Impressionist Society made him a “Master Signature Member”. IAPS named him to their “Master’s Circle”.
To view William’s work, visit his website at schneiderart.com.
RULES OF ENTRY
Entry Deadline – May 13, 2019
SPECIAL NOTE: We invite all artists to join in the celebration of our “Golden” Anniversary exhibit by submitting artwork that utilizes “gold” paint in any of its many forms; metallic gold, gold gesso, gold leaf or other gold media or depiction of a gold object in the your art piece. Use of “gold” in the art work is not a requirement for entry.
- This competition is open to all United States artists 18 years or older.
- Limited to 2 dimensional artwork (artwork with 3 dimensional objects adhered to the surface do not qualify), created within the last two years and not previously exhibited in the River Road Show.
- Artwork must be original in design and execution.
- Work may not be created in a workshop or under supervision.
- Photography, digitally created or enhanced works, sculpture, giclées, reproductions and nudity are not acceptable. Art must be suitable for viewing by persons of all ages.
- Work deemed inappropriate for public viewing will not be accepted.
- Not sure if your work is eligible? Call or email us! Direct questions to Claudia LeJeune, 225-292-2004 or email@example.com
- Size & Framing
- The maximum framed size of artwork is 48″ x 48″.
- The minimum unframed size is 8″ x 10″.
- All works must be framed unless painted on minimum 1½ inch gallery-wrapped canvas. The sides of gallery-wrapped canvases must be painted.
- Works with a protective layer must use Plexiglas. No glass allowed.
- Works must arrive READY TO HANG – Screw eyes/D-rings and wire are required and should be properly attached to all artwork. No saw-tooth hangers.
- Mats must be white or a light neutral tint. No liners or fillets allowed.
- Frames must be simple, plain, non-ornate and no wider than 3″.
- The artist’s name and title of work must be clearly identified on the back of each painting.
- Noncompliance with any of the above will void the entry and the work will be returned.
- Image Submission
- Images must be JPEG format with at least 1200 pixels on the longest side.
- Images must represent the painting exactly.
- JPEG’s must include image only … no mat, frame or surrounding background.
- Entry Fee (non-refundable)
- $40 for up to three entries and $5 for each additional entry up to ten.
- AGL members: $40 for the first four entries and $5 for each additional entry up to ten.
- Once entry is completed, no changes can be made to price, title, or dimensions.
- First Place $1200
Second Place $800
Third Place $600
- Additional Merit, Honorable Mention, and Merchandise Awards
- Total awards valued at $4,000+
- Exhibited artwork must be labeled with the selling price or NFS designation.
- No commission is charged on sales.
- Works sold will be available for pickup at the end of the exhibition.
- Delivery of Accepted Artwork
- Shipping charges, both directions, are to be paid by the artist in advance.
- Artwork must be shipped in a sturdy, reusable carton. Wood crates will not be accepted.
- Accepted works should arrive between July 3 and July 17.
- A non-refundable handling fee of $35 is assessed on each shipped carton.
- More detailed instructions will be sent to the accepted artists.
- Hand delivered works will be received only on Thursday, August 1, 11am – 1pm, at the Louisiana State Archives, 3851 Essen Lane, Baton Rouge, LA
- Return of Accepted Artwork
- Shipped work will be returned in the original container using the prepaid shipping label furnished by the artist.
- Hand-delivered work should be picked up on Friday, September 20, 11am – 1pm.
- Each exhibiting artist will receive one free color catalog. Additional catalogs may be purchased for $10 each. Send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Artist’s Responsibility
- Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, withdraw the work once accepted, or remove it during the exhibition.
- Artists who do not deliver an artwork selected by the judge will be disqualified from participation for 2 years.
- The River Road Show Committee reserves the right to reject any work deemed inappropriate or not conforming to the stated exhibition requirements.
- The artist gives AGL permission to photograph and/or reproduce the submission(s) for exhibition promotional purposes.
- Although the utmost care will be taken in handling artwork, the Art Guild of Louisiana or any of its members, the Louisiana State Archives or its employees will not be liable for loss or damage to any work of art submitted to this exhibition. Insurance, if desired for shipping, exhibition or any other reason, is the responsibility of the individual artist.
- Notification of the juror’s selection will be emailed to entrants and posted on this website by June 16.
- Claudia LeJeune at 225-292-2004 or email@example.com
Two Ways to Enter
- Submit entry form via website
- Upload images via website
- Pay fee via PayPal or credit/debit card
- Receive email confirmation
Entry deadline has passed
- Complete entry form and print out
- Email images to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail check and form
Entry deadline has passed