Workshop Show Call for Entry
- Open to members only. All original 2 dimensional media is eligible except photography, prints, giclées, and computer generated/enhanced artwork. We encourage all media including oil, acrylic, watercolor, fluid ink, graphite, colored pencil, pen & ink, original lithograph, mixed media, pastel, gouache, encaustic, etc.
- The Entry Fee is $5 per painting. Maximum of five paintings.
- Prizes Awarded – A People’s Choice ribbon will be awarded.
- Take-in / Pick-up – This is a non-juried exhibit. Interested artists should bring artwork that meets the entry requirements to the Independence Park Theatre Gallery, 7800 Independence Park Blvd., Baton Rouge on the designated take-in date, between 11:00 am - 1:00 pm. Art work must be picked up between 11:00 am - 1:00 pm on the last day of the exhibit. A $25 transport/storage fee will be assessed to artists whose work is not picked up timely. Artist pickup slips are distributed at each exhibit and it is the responsibility of the artist to keep track of the pickup date; no further notice will be sent out.
- Receptions are always held on a Friday between 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm. All receptions are open to the public; please invite your friends and family. Exhibiting artists are encouraged to bring a finger food for the snack table.
- The same painting can only be shown once in a judged show, once in a member show, and once in a River Road Show; a total of 3 times.
- Works sold are subject to a 20% BREC commission fee. Adjust your prices accordingly.
- Neither BREC, nor the Guild, is liable for damage, loss or theft.
- Artwork must have been created within two years of the exhibit.
- Artwork must be identified on the back with title, medium, price (or value if Not For Sale), artist's name and phone number.
- Artwork must be framed, unless using a gallery-wrap canvas - i.e. no tacks, staples, etc. visible on the sides. Sides of an unframed gallery-wrap canvas must be painted and must be a minimum 1½ inches deep.
- Frames should be plain/non-ornate (no significant carving, decorative painting, decorative color or other embellishments) - black, white, gold, silver, wood, etc. are acceptable frame finishes.
- Maximum frame width is 3 inches, including liner and/or fillet.
- Maximum size, including the frame, is 48 inches in either direction.
- Mats should be white, off white, or a light-colored neutral tone. A thin, colored liner mat (1/4”) is acceptable.
- The installation method requires a screw eye/D-ring and wire setup. Screw eyes/D-rings are to be placed one third down from the top corners of the frame. The wire, when held at the center, should reach 2 inches from the top of the painting.
- Paintings can be for sale, but do not have to be.
- Metal frames with clips and wire are suitable, IF, clips are firmly seated (no slippage) and at the required distance from the top corners.
- Plexiglas is required on artwork larger than 18"x24". Glass, plexiglas and frame should be clean, free from damage and properly sized, fitted for its frame and firmly seated.
- Paintings must be thoroughly dry ... No wet paint.
- All works are required to remain on display until the end of the show.
- Only members of the Installation Committee and the Gallery Coordinator are authorized to hang, move, or remove paintings.
- The Exhibits Chair, the AGL President, or their designated representative has the final say on what will hang in all exhibits. They have the right to reject any piece at their discretion, regardless of content, medium or presentation.
Workshop Show 2022
July 14 – September 8, 2022
Take-in: July 14, 2022, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Reception: August 5, 2022, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Pick-up: September 8, 2022, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm