- November 1, 2018 - November 2, 2018
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Studio in the Park
The main facility for the Art Guild of Louisiana is the Studio in the Park. This BREC building is located in Cedarcrest Park in Baton more…
Trish Poynot, firstname.lastname@example.org, 985-237-5977
Don’t miss this fun two day workshop with an artist/instructor knowledgeable in multiple mediums. Using gold leaf, gold watercolor paint or metallic gold gesso can bring added light and dimension to a painting … if it is done well. Kathy has done the research on using this versatile medium and as always, is anxious to share her tips and techniques. Kathy will share tips for painting gold objects using ordinary watercolor, as well as, demonstrate some products like gold gesso and gold watercolor paint. Students may bring older paintings of any medium, including oils, if it is thoroughly dry, to embellish or create new designs during the workshop.
KATHY will supply for each student:
- Written Materials so that you should not need to take many notes, however you may do so
- Masking Fluid
- Tools to apply masking fluid
- Imitation Gold Leaf and Adhesive
- DANIEL SMITH IRIDESCENT GOLD GESSO
- DANIEL SMITH AZTEC GOLD WATERCOLOR PAINT
- I will demonstrate several uses of products below and I will try to supply gold in different forms for students to try as well – budget willing:
- TRANSPARENT GOLD WATERCOLORS AND MIXES
- GOLD W/C PAINT
- W/C MAGIC METALLIC GOLD
- ARABIC GOLD W/C PAN PAINT
- Dr. PH Martin’s Iridescent Copper Plate GOLD Calligraphy Color
- METALLIC GOLD INK
- METALLIC GOLD ACRYLIC
- Imitation GOLD LEAF
- YOUR PALETTE and CURRENT PAINTS and BRUSHES – bring older brushes, too, (that are not wonderful) as the gold paints may be abrasive.
- 300 lb Cold-pressed Arches watercolor paper – or paper or canvas of choice
- Older paintings of any medium [except pastel] to embellish, OR to create new designs OR, if you wish, you may just observe.
- Gold paints you may have you would like to try
- I will be glad to give a critique of existing paintings
- A BIG SMILE: We’re going to have fun!!! I am looking forward to it!
- I will have extra supplies available for purchase separately.
- Buy items together to save money! Order or get catalogs at: www.jerrysartarama.com (800-827-8478) OR www.cheapjoes.com (800-227-2788)
SUGGESTED COLORS FOR SPECIFIC EFFECTS: FOR TRANSPARENT WATERCOLOR ONLY in the Fleur de Lis Painting:
Suggested colors: Quinacridone Gold, Aureolin, Burnt Sienna, Quinacridone Burnt Orange, Winsor Violet (Dioxazine)
Kathy is an award winning artist who has earned signatures in the National Watercolor Society and a Master signature in the Louisiana Watercolor Society. Several of her paintings have been published in several well known art publications including Watercolor Magazine, Best of Watercolor: Painting Light and Shadow, Splash 8, Confident Color by Nita Leland and the Artistic Touch 4 & 5 by Chris Unwin.