- October 26, 2019
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Studio in the Park
The main facility for the Art Guild of Louisiana is the Studio in the Park. This BREC building is located in Cedarcrest Park in Baton more…
Barbara Andrepont, firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-773-8020
Come learn mosaics for the first time or come to refresh your skills. We will capture fall and the turning leaves in a mosaic of a tree and all its brilliant colors. Learn the process of mosaics from A to Z. Betty is a very thorough instructor but, also makes it fun to learn and complete new projects. Network with other participants during the in house lunch.
This is a fundraiser workshop for the Guild, thanks to Betty donating her time to lead the workshop. All proceeds go directly to the Guild.
**Registration Fee includes lunch for the 1st session, 10×12 canvas and grout.
Week One (October 26): Overview of Mosaics. Discussion of various materials that are possible and how to execute. Drying time of the various adhesives and grout. Start of our project. Transfer of pattern. How to use the tools. Breaking glass.
Week Two (November 2): Discussion of adhesives. Instruction on how to select pieces and begin gluing.
Week Three (November 9): Discussion of grout and sealers. Grouting our project
Available at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Amazon
- Small Plastic table cloth (felt backed) – Dollar Store is a good source
- Mosaic Adhesive
- Stained Glass Sheets 12×12
- Dark (Brown, Black or Purple)
- White, pale yellow, or pale blue
- Small (5) containers with lids (Tupperware or mini mason jars or empty food jars)
- Bucket for water (Dollar Store)
- Soft sponge (preferably 3½” round by 1″ thick synthetic sponge)
- Soft Cloth
- Cotton Gloves
- Safety Glasses
- Glass Mosaic Cutter 8″ with Nipper Wheel
- Stained Glass Running Pliers and Breaking Pliers (Optional)
- Art/Jewelry Tweezers (optional)
- Any other decorative items you might like (optional)